The problem with hailstorms in Florida
Hailstorms are a common occurrence in Florida, and these storms can cause significant damage to homes and commercial buildings. Recently, there have been several significant hailstorm events across the state, making it more important than ever to understand the risks and how to protect your property.
Common damages caused by hail:
- When hailstones hit a roof, they can cause significant damage, some of which is hard to see from the ground. Here are some of the most common types of damage caused by hailstones:
- Dents and cracks: Hailstones can cause dents and cracks in shingles or other roofing materials. These damages can weaken the roof and make it more vulnerable to leaks and other problems.
- Granule loss: The impact of hailstones can cause granule loss from the shingles. This can expose the underlying layer of the shingle to the sun and weather, which can lead to deterioration over time.
- Leaks: Hail damage can cause small cracks in the roof, which can lead to leaks during heavy rain. These leaks can cause water damage to the interior of the home and lead to mold and other issues.
- Broken tiles & shingles: Hailstones can break tiles and shingles on the roof. This can leave the roof exposed to the elements and increase the risk of water damage.
- Reduced lifespan: The damage caused by hailstones can reduce the useful life of the roof. Over time, this can lead to further damage and the need for a roof replacement.
Detecting and addressing hail damage
Once your roof has suffered damages from a hailstorm event, it may be compromised. Damages to your roof caused by hailstones can be difficult to detect, which is why it’s important to have your roof inspected by a qualified professional after a hailstorm. A thorough inspection can help identify any areas of damage that may not be visible to the naked eye and can help you determine whether you need to file an insurance claim.
Filing an insurance claim for hail damage
Filing an insurance claim for hail damage can have several benefits. First, it can help you get the funds you need to repair or replace your damaged property. This can help prevent further damage to your home and property and ensure that your property remains safe and secure. Additionally, filing an insurance claim can help you protect your investment in your property and ensure that you receive fair compensation for any damages you have incurred.
However, filing an insurance claim for hail damage can be a complex process, and you should consider having a qualified policyholder attorney on your side to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to. A policyholder attorney can help you gather evidence, prepare your claim, and negotiate with your insurance company to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your damages.
How an insurance claim attorney can help
A policyholder attorney can provide valuable guidance and support throughout the claims process and help you protect your investment in your home. At Murray Law Group, we can help you file your claim, review your insurance policy for coverage issues, retain experts to investigate and document your damages, and ensure your insurance company honors its obligations under your insurance policy. If you have any questions about your insurance policy or the claim process, contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our insurance claim attorneys.