SUPPORT FOR AIRCRAFT & AIRPORT INSURANCE CLAIMS
At Murray Law Group, our insurance claims attorneys work diligently to protect our clients from insurance companies that may delay, deny, or underpay claims.
Aircraft insurance policies can encompass a wide range of coverage options such as recreational planes, private jets, helicopters, hot air balloons, and other aerial vehicles that provide personal or professional transportation. These vehicles all require comprehensive insurance coverage for the protection for their occupants and physical components. Damages associated with these vehicles can be costly, and in cases where someone is injured during operation, their recovery expenses can have a devastating impact on your financial stability. When filing an insurance claim, it is imperative to seek legal assistance to ensure your carrier treats your claim seriously and prevents any possible rejection.
With over 50 years of combined experience, our insurance claims lawyers at Murray Law Group provide tailored solutions for clients, helping them attain the financial recovery they need after a loss.
COMMON CAUSES OF AIRPLANE DAMAGE
Physical damage to an aircraft can occur in various ways, underscoring the importance of comprehensive insurance coverage.
Some common causes of physical damage include:
- Construction damage
- Collisions with other aircraft
- Damage by airport vehicles
- Equipment malfunctions
- Collisions with hangars, buildings, or support vehicles
- Communication issues with air traffic control or ground crews
- Gear-up landings
- Hard landings
- Taxiing incidents
- Property damage from weather events
- Aircraft defects or parts failures
- Birds & wildlife encounters
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Dealing with the insurance company on your insurance claim can be complicated, stressful, and overwhelming. By retaining an expert insurance claim lawyer, you can obtain significant assistance ensuring you obtain the insurance benefits and compensation you are entitled to under your policy.
Our insurance lawyers can help you by:
- Providing a free claim evaluation
- Reviewing the coverages available under your policy
- Explaining your legal rights and duties as a policyholder
- Investigating the circumstances of the loss and gathering evidence
- Engaging experts for assessments of your losses
- Determining the value of your claim
- Handling communications with your insurance company
- Negotiating with your insurance company
- Filing complaints with the Florida Department of Insurance
- Prosecuting your insurance company in a court of law
- Fighting for a fair settlement on your behalf
Legal liability plays an equally critical role in insurance policies, particularly if somebody onboard the plane is injured or someone else's property is damaged.
AIRPORT FACILITY DAMAGE CLAIMS
Aircraft aren't the only items susceptible to property damage at aviation facilities. Severe weather frequently impacts hangars, airports, fixed-based operators (FBOs), maintenance facilities, and other integral parts of aviation infrastructure, causing substantial harm.
These facilities hold property insurance policies to help cover claims resulting from weather-related damages. However, they may face delays, underpayments, or outright denials from their insurance carriers when seeking financial compensation. The aftermath of damages to an FBO, hangar, or similar aviation facility is often marked by considerable expenses, including repair costs and loss of business due to downtime required for damage assessments and restoration efforts.
Beyond the physical damages, aviation facilities may lose substantial revenue in the form of fuel sales, hangar fees, aircraft rentals, part sales, maintenance fees, and other business income streams disrupted by the facility's incapacitated state.
Creating Positive Outcomes
AIRCRAFT & AIRPORT INSURANCE CLAIM FAQS
Despite accepting premiums and issuing policies, it is not uncommon for insurance companies in Florida to deny coverage for claims. There are different reasons an insurance company may give for denying your claim, some may be valid while others are not. An insurance company may be engaging in bad faith insurance practices when denying valid claims — especially if they are denying claims in an effort to increase profits to the detriment of their policyholders.
Below is a list of reasons your insurance company may give you for denying your claim:
- The claim was not filed timely
- Lack of property insurance levels
- Insufficient evidence to support payments
- Lack of documentation provided
- Policy exclusions limit coverage
- Unpaid policy premiums
Although you may not have the ability to stop an insurance company from denying your claim outright, you can take steps to minimize the chances of a claim denial if you do the following:
- File a claim right after the incident
- Request a copy of your policy
- Comply with the duties after loss section of the policy
- Provide the documents and records requested
- Take steps to protect the property and mitigate damage
- Pay your premiums on time
- Know what your policy covers and excludes
- Engage professionals to represent your interests
Several factors are essential in selecting an insurance claim attorney. When choosing an attorney, you should hire someone who has experience and a good reputation in the legal community. Review online reviews to see what other clients are saying about the attorney’s services. You should consider the experience and expertise of the attorney handling the claim and how many trials and/or arbitrations the attorney has handled. All these factors are crucial to consider when hiring an attorney. Choose an attorney after careful consideration and after speaking with the actual attorney who will be assisting you.
Murray Law Group attorneys work most insurance claim cases on a contingency fee basis. This means there is no payment owed for attorney’s fees or costs to you unless we win your case. We will hire industry experts and engage the professionals necessary to build the most convincing case for you. Murray Law Group understands that in-depth expert analyses can make or break your insurance claim and that is why we work with the best in the industry.
CONTACT MURRAY LAW GROUP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Connect with us today to speak with one of our insurance claim attorneys. We will provide a free, comprehensive assessment of your claim and help determine your claim’s value. Contact Murray Law Group by calling 1-855-269-4317 today for a free consultation with an experienced insurance claim attorney.