WHAT IS A JEWELRY INSURANCE CLAIM?
At The Murray Law Group, we comprehend the sentimental and financial value of your jewelry. When these items are stolen, lost or damaged, the impact is often immeasurable. Insurance policies are meant to protect you from such losses, but insurance companies often attempt to minimize or deny claims to protect their bottom line.
You have faithfully paid your premiums and deserve full compensation for your losses. Yet, insurance companies will leverage their vast resources to pay as little as possible or even deny your claim altogether, jeopardizing your chances to fully recover from your loss.
Our mission at The Murray Law Group is to fight for the maximum financial recovery outlined in your insurance policy. With over 50 years of insurance claim experience under our belt, we fight for your right to receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to under your insurance policy. Don't let insurance companies undervalue or deny your jewelry insurance claim, work with our experienced attorneys to ensure a fair and accurate assessment of your losses.
HOW CAN MURRAY LAW GROUP HELP?
Dealing with the insurance company on your jewelry insurance claim can be complicated, stressful and overwhelming. By retaining an expert insurance claim lawyer, you can obtain significant assistance ensuring you obtain the insurance benefits and compensation you are entitled to under your policy.
Our insurance lawyers can help you by:
- Providing a free claim evaluation
- Reviewing the coverages available under your policy
- Explaining your legal rights and duties as a policyholder
- Investigating the circumstances of the loss and gathering evidence
- Engaging experts for assessments of your losses
- Determining the value of your claim
- Handling communications with your insurance company
- Negotiating with your insurance company
- Filing complaints with the Florida Department of Insurance
- Prosecuting your insurance company in a court of law
- Fighting for a fair settlement on your behalf
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A JEWELRY LOSS
To file your insurance claim, ensure you do the following:
- Report the loss: Contact your insurance company to report the loss as soon as possible. Provide them with as much detail as you can regarding the circumstances surrounding the incident.
- Retain an attorney or a representative to work on your behalf: Seek the help of a professional to represent your interests and guide you through the process.
- Gather documentation: Collect any available documentation, such as receipts, appraisals, and photographs, of your jewelry pieces. This information can be crucial in the claims process.
- Cooperate with your insurance company: Provide any additional information they request during the claim process. This may include filling out forms, providing statements and providing access to damaged property.
- Keep records: Document all communication and interactions with your insurance company. This may be valuable evidence later on if a dispute arises.
- Seek a second opinion: If you believe the insurance company's evaluation of your claim is too low, consult with an independent appraiser or attorney for a second opinion.
Creating Positive Outcomes
JEWELRY INSURANCE CLAIM FAQS
Despite accepting premiums and issuing policies, it is not uncommon for insurance companies in Florida to deny coverage for claims. There are different reasons an insurance company may give for denying your claim, some may be valid while others are not. An insurance company may be engaging in bad faith insurance practices when denying valid claims — especially if they are denying claims in an effort to increase profits to the detriment of their policyholders.
Below is a list of reasons your insurance company may give you for denying your claim:
- The claim was not filed timely
- Lack of property insurance levels
- Insufficient evidence to support payments
- Lack of documentation provided
- Policy exclusions limit coverage
- Unpaid policy premiums
Although you may not have the ability to stop an insurance company from denying your claim outright, you can take steps to minimize the chances of a claim denial if you do the following:
- File a claim right after the incident
- Request a copy of your policy
- Comply with the duties after loss section of the policy
- Provide the documents and records requested
- Take steps to protect the property and mitigate damage
- Pay your premiums on time
- Know what your policy covers and excludes
- Engage professionals to represent your interests
Several factors are essential in selecting an insurance claim attorney. When choosing an attorney, you should hire someone who has experience and a good reputation in the legal community. Review online reviews to see what other clients are saying about the attorney’s services. You should consider the experience and expertise of the attorney handling the claim and how many trials and/or arbitrations the attorney has handled. All these factors are crucial to consider when hiring an attorney. Choose an attorney after careful consideration and after speaking with the actual attorney who will be assisting you.
Murray Law Group attorneys work most insurance claim cases on a contingency fee basis. This means there is no payment owed for attorney’s fees or costs to you unless we win your case. We will hire industry experts and engage the professionals necessary to build the most convincing case for you. Murray Law Group understands that in-depth expert analyses can make or break your insurance claim and that is why we work with the best in the industry.
CONTACT MURRAY LAW GROUP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Reach out to our office today to speak with one of our expert fire damage claim attorneys. The attorney will provide a free assessment of what your claim is worth quickly and effectively. Contact Murray Law Group by calling 1-855-269-4317 today for a free consultation with an experienced Florida fire insurance claim attorney.