PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIM SUPPORT
Venturing into a restaurant, store, shopping centers, hotels, or other public places should be a hassle-free and safe experience. Unfortunately, improper upkeep of properties can result in severe injuries. If you find yourself injured on someone else's property, you may be entitled to compensation through a premises liability claim.
At Murray Law Group, our attorneys have more than five decades of combined expertise handling claims. We are equipped to hold negligent property owners and their insurance companies responsible and ensure you receive the rightful compensation you deserve for your damages.
WHAT IS A PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIM?
Premises liability is a specific type of injury law that allows an injured person to hold a property owner responsible for injuries caused by a dangerous or defective condition on the property.
Our law firm handles numerous types of premises liability claims, including but no limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Negligent security claims
- Fires due to dangerous conditions
- Toxic chemicals due to inadequate safeguards
- Amusement park accidents
Whether you are a Florida resident or visitor, you may be eligible to file a claim for compensation if injured on another person's property. Our premises liability attorneys provide a free claim evaluation and advise on your legal options.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PROVE A PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIM?
To establish the property owner's liability in a premises liability claim, you must prove the following:
- The defendant had control over the property.
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant knew or should have known about the danger but failed to take reasonable actions.
- The negligence led to your injury.
- You have suffered damages as a result (medical expenses, etc.)
Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of Florida premises liability law and can handle every detail in proving your compensation claim. We aim to relieve you of the legal burden, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
HOW CAN A PREMISES LIABILITY ATTORNEY HELP?
A premises liability attorney can analyze your case, handle all details, and provide valuable guidance throughout the process. Insurance claims and negotiating a settlement can be challenging. Our attorneys can determine and prove liability while providing thorough documentation of the damages you have suffered. Backed by solid evidence, we can negotiate from a position of strength.
If a fair settlement is not reached, we are prepared to file a lawsuit and pursue a verdict. Compensation Available for Injury Victims Injuries sustained on someone else's property may entitle you to compensation, including:
- Hospital bills
- Doctor's visits
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Future treatment costs
- Lost wages and future lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
In cases of gross negligence or intentional behavior, Florida law (Fla. Stat. § 768.73) May allow you to seek punitive damages intended to punish the defendant for bad acts and bad conduct.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER AN INJURY ON SOMEONE ELSE’S PROPERTY?
Take the following steps to preserve your ability to seek compensation:
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Take photographs of the scene or gather witness contact information.
- Notify the property owner as soon as possible.
- Consult a premises liability lawyer right away.
DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES AFTER
Dealing with an insurance company after an accident can be daunting. Be aware that:
- Insurance companies prioritize their interests over yours. Everything you say to the adjuster can be used against you.
- Initial settlement offers may be negotiable.
KNOWING THE TIME LIMIT ON PREMISES LIABILITY CLAIMS
In Florida, the statute of limitations for a premises liability lawsuit is 4 years from the injury date. It's crucial to contact an attorney promptly to secure essential evidence for your case.
Creating Positive Outcomes
WIND INSURANCE CLAIM FAQS
Despite accepting premiums and issuing policies, it is not uncommon for insurance companies in Florida to deny coverage for claims. There are different reasons an insurance company may give for denying your claim, some may be valid while others are not. An insurance company may be engaging in bad faith insurance practices when denying valid claims — especially if they are denying claims in an effort to increase profits to the detriment of their policyholders.
Below is a list of reasons your insurance company may give you for denying your claim:
- The claim was not filed timely
- Lack of property insurance levels
- Insufficient evidence to support payments
- Lack of documentation provided
- Policy exclusions limit coverage
- Unpaid policy premiums
Although you may not have the ability to stop an insurance company from denying your claim outright, you can take steps to minimize the chances of a claim denial if you do the following:
- File a claim right after the incident
- Request a copy of your policy
- Comply with the duties after loss section of the policy
- Provide the documents and records requested
- Take steps to protect the property and mitigate damage
- Pay your premiums on time
- Know what your policy covers and excludes
- Engage professionals to represent your interests
Several factors are essential in selecting an insurance claim attorney. When choosing an attorney, hire someone that has experience and a good reputation in the legal community. Read online reviews to see what other clients are saying about the attorney’s services. You should consider the experience and expertise of the attorney handling the claim and how many trials and/or arbitrations the attorney has handled. All these factors are crucial to consider when hiring an attorney. Choose an attorney only after careful consideration and after speaking with the actual attorney that will be assisting you.
Murray Law Group attorneys work most insurance claim cases on a contingency fee basis. This means there is no payment owed for attorney’s fees or costs to you unless we win your case. We will hire industry experts and engage the professionals necessary to build the most convincing case for you. Murray Law Group understands that in-depth expert analyses can make or break your insurance claim and that is why we work with the best in the industry.
CONTACT MURRAY LAW GROUP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Reach out to our office today to speak with one of our attorneys. The attorney will provide a free assessment of what your claim and walk through the process. Contact Murray Law Group by calling 1-855-269-4317 today for a free consultation.